I’ve been inhaling all the September magazines, and have got a lot more things to talk about, so I’ve continued my fall fashion post. First off, I purchased the marc by marc jacobs nylon tote. LOVE IT(: But I was surprised at how large it was. I opened the package and was completely shocked. I am 5’9, and am dwarfed by it.
marc by marc jacobs nylon tote $188
I’ve also been religiously watching season 2 of Gossip Girl, which was released on DVD on Aug. 17. Only one peeve: it’s 7 discs, which adds up to about $40 at blockbuster. I could’ve bought it for $30:| Why so many? I have no clue… last year had the same amount of content and half that many. Season 3 airs Sept 14th!!!
Season 2 DVD $38
I have also added an ample amount to my wish list.
Numero uno is a horozontally stripped long sleeved top. Perfect for layering in the fall.
Next up is a funky pencil case. I have no clue where to get one?!? help!
I am also craving a gray liquid liner and nail polish. The gunmetal shade is perfect for autumn.And the new matte nail polishes? FABULOUS.
YSL polish in tuxedo gray about $24
OPI matte collection $10 each
Urban Decay liquid liner in Gray $18
I have been wanting to try out the whole winged liquid liner look with red lips. But alas, my lipstick is in a sorry state. So I’ll need one of those too…
Makeupforever lipstick in blue red $19
I also really want ankle boots! But they can’t cost a fortune because I don’t really need them:)
Coach boots $180
There is so much more I want! But I’ll end my list with a fancy semi-formal dress. This one from BCBG is stunning! I saw it worn by Selena Gomez a couple months ago and fell in love. I saw it on the website yesterday and just about died.
Selena Gomez in BCBG. Love the dress, hate the shoes:| Dress $260
So that’s the end of my wish list for back to school, I’ll leave you with a few autumn beauty tips.
1. If you are tired of your summer scent but not willing to wear the powerful scents of winter, mix the two! Take a light citrus and layer it over a musky winter fragrence.
2. Make your shower ultra sensual by sprinkling a few drops of essential oil on the floor of your shower. When you turn on the heat, the steam will release the aroma all around your body.
3. Skip choosing one feature to accentuate this September; accentuate them all! After all, 80’s makeup is back… just do it tastefully. A bright pink lip CAN be paired with an aqua liner; just keep the skin bare and brows simple.
bright lips on Alexis Bledel
4. Wear glitter around your eyes. Take a pot of cosmetics glitter and use a thin brush to line the lashes. Make sure to wet the brush or apply Vaseline beforehand to make it stick!
Makeupforver glitter $18
5. Your hair has been drying out all summer from UV rays and chlorine. Give it a break by leaving it for an extra day or two before washing. AHEM, make sure to use a dry shampoo though.
Fekkai dry shampoo powder $25
“I love the confidence that makeup gives me”- Tyra Banks